Mustafa Kemal Atatürk’s Life (1881-193∞)
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk’s Life (1881-193∞)has lots of wonderful facts and events. Let’s read them together. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk is the founder of the Republic of Turkey. His surname, Ataturk, means “Father of the Turks”. He was born in 1881 in Salonika, then part of the Ottoman Empire.
He had a long and active military career before entering politics. He was a visionary and revolutionary leader who swiftly modernized Turkey after becoming its first president. His legacy is seen throughout Turkish life today.
When Atatürk was 12, he joined a military school. He later graduated from a military academy in Istanbul in 1905. He quickly established his military reputation by fighting against the Italians in Libya in 1911, and in the Balkan Wars between 1912-1913. He became a hero by defending the Dardanelles against the Allies in 1915. Atatürk was promoted to general at the age of 35 because of his military skills.
Atatürk played a key role in the Turkish War of Independence (1919-1922). He started a nationalist revolution and successfully fought off European armies that had carved up and occupied Turkey after WWI. In 1921, he established a temporary government in Ankara. Two years later, in 1923, Turkey became a secular republic with Atatürk as its president. He remained in office until 1938.
As president, Mustafa Kemal’s reforms secularized schools and encouraged education for girls. He also asked women to work to build Turkey’s economy. He replaced Islamic courts with secular civil law and replaced Arabic script with a Latin-based Turkish alphabet. He also promoted a more western style of dressing.
Atatürk died on November 10, 1938, aged 57 years old. He remains a revered figure in Turkey.
In our Mustafa Kemal Atatürk’s Life (1881-193∞) article you have learnt some about him. Why not to learn something about other biographies that are in our site.
Some Important Dates On M.K. Atatürk's Lıfe Span
- Mustafa (Kemal Atatürk) born in Salonica in 1881
- Atatürk’s father Ali Rıza Efendi died in 1888
- Atatürk enters military preparatory school in Selonica
- Mustafa Kemal enters infantry class of War college in İstanbul
- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk lands in Samsun 19th May 1919
- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk opens Turkish Grand National Assembly (TBMM) in 23rd April 1920
- Proclamation of the Republic of Turkey is on 29th of October 1923
- 29th October 1923, Atatürk was elected as the first president of Turkey
- Atatürk founded the Turkish linguistics society on 12th 1932
- Atatürk lives in our hearths since 1938
Etiket:8th graders atatürk the founder of modern Turkey performance ödevi-görevi, Atatürk the founder of modern Turkey, Atatürk's life cycle, Atatürk's life in English, atatürk's life, atatürk's life shortly, atatürk's life elementary, atatürk life story, atatürk life ingilizce, ataturk life history